Popular musician, Johnson Oyindamola, popularly known as Dammy Krane, risks three years in jail as the Zone 2 Police Command is set to arraign him on Monday.
A Federal High sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, has ordered a former governor of Imo State, Chief Rochas Okorocha and his family not to sell or alienate any of the properties that are subject of an interim order of the court pending the conclusion of investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Intrigues of a ‘dead’ man appearing in court this week unveiled yet another syndicate in land dealings aided by loopholes in the verification of documents.
Kindly plan to attend the forthcoming New Legal Year celebrations which will include:
A. 2019 LEGAL YEAR MASS
- Date: Sunday, 29th September, 2019.
- Venue: Holy Cross Cathedral Lagos
- Time: 10am
- Dress code: Full robing over proper regulation dress.
The Cabinet has today announced an immediate ban on adoption of children by foreign nationals.
The Zamfara State Police Command has arrested a fraudster who
allegedly impersonated a commissioner of police and defrauded a
Olufunmi Oluyede,a member of the Body of Benchers and the inaugural secretary of the NBA Women forum has commended the President of the Nigerian Bar Association(NBA) Paul Usoro SAN for reviving the NBA Women forum
In a statement she posted ,she wrote
The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja has dismissed preliminary objection the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, filed to challenge the non-inclusion of Vice President Yemi Osibanjo, SAN, as a party to the petition challenging the outcome of the February 23 presidential election.
Two fake corps members who claimed to have graduated from the Imo State University have been arrested in Nasarawa State.
The training for the 2019 Lawyers table tennis Open(Mfon Usoro cup) kicked off last Saturday at the National stadium,Lagos with many new participants showing up to prepare for the annual show down among lawyers.
The event which started in 2009 has come a long way and has built its own history.
Below are 10 facts about the sporting event that might interest you.
10 facts about Lawyers Table Tennis Open(Mfon Usoro cup)
- The total Prize money for the female category is higher than the Male category.This is because Mrs Efe Etomi in support of the event has a special Prize for the Female winner.
- Since the female category started in 2010,only two female Lawyers have won it.Titilayo Osagie has won it eight times while Yetunde Martin’s won it once in 2017.
- In 2018,for the first time in the history of the event,a lawyer from outside Lagos won the trophy .His name is Yahaya Olarewaju from Lokoja
- Lawyers table tennis Open(Mfon Usoro cup) is the biggest sporting event among lawyers in Nigeria. With lawyers from more than 15 states participating since inception.
5.In the 2018 finals,first time participants in the tournament took the 1st,2nd and 3rd positions in the mens’ finals.
6. Adedayo Oshodi is the only lawyer who has played in all the tournaments since it started.
7. Only two young Lawyers have won the male championship since inception. In 2010 it was won by Wale Oduwole who was called in 2004.In 2016 it was won by Kabir Adeleke called in 2011
8. No young lawyer has ever won the female category of the event.
9. Tunji Abdulhameed has won the championship the most wining it in 2013,2014,2015 and 2017
10.The event is officiated by Professional umpires from the Nigerian Table Tennis Federation.