A petitioner can bring a proceeding for a degree of dissolution of marriage in less than two years of marriages without leave of court if since the marriage, the respondent has committed adultery and the petitioner finds it intolerable to live with the respondent.
An action between a trade Union and a company can be commenced at
A. The Federal High Court and the National Industrial court
B. The National Industrial Court
C. The Federal High Court
D.The High Court where the defendant is domiciled.
Answer on the comment section.
Which organisation in Nigeria has the primary function of administration of Maritime Safety Seafarers Standards and Security, Maritime Labour, Shipping Regulation, Promotion of Commercial Shipping and Cobatage activities, Pollution Prevention and Control in the marine environment, to implement domesticated International Maritime Organization (IMO) and International Labour Organization (ILO) Conventions.?
- Nigerian Ports Authority
- The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency
- Nigerian Shippers Council
- A company maintains a separate and distinct personality from its directors; therefore, the directors can at no time be liable for wrongs committed in the name of the company.
True or False?
Continue reading George Etomi Prize- Question 3
- The winding up of a company by the court shall be deemed to commence at the time the court delivers Judgement on the winding up petition
True or False?
2. The apex regulatory institution of the Nigerian capital market is
A. Securities and Exchange commission
B.Nigerian Stock Exchange
C. Corporate Affairs Commission.
D.Investment and Securities Tribunal
How many countries are members of ORGANIZATION FOR HARMONIZATION
IN AFRICA OF BUSINESS LAW (OHADA)?
All answers must be on the comment section here.
Participants who answer this question on or before 30th of April 2019 will be deemed to have registered for George Etomi Quiz Prize
- A resolution shall be a special resolution when it has been passed by a simple majority of votes cast by such members of the company as,being entitled to do so,vote in person or by proxy at a general meeting.
True or False
2.In a Criminal trial,a dumb witness was called to give evidence and he opted to put his evidence in writing in open court. Such evidence will be admitted as
A . Oral Evidence
B. Documentary Evidence
3. An action where an interested person claims a declaration is commenced by
A. Originating summons
B. Originating Motion
C. Writ of summons
- Reduction of a Company’s Share Capital requires
A. An Ordinary resolution
B. A Special resolution
C. An Ordinary resolution and confirmation by the court.
D. A Special resolution and confirmation by the court.
2. In criminal proceedings,evidence of the fact that a defendant is of good character is
A. Not admissible
B. Is always admissible
C. Is admissible only when the character of the accused is a fact in issue.
D. Is admissible only when the defendant has given evidence of his character.
3. Letters of Administration in respect of the properties of deceased men of the armed forces are granted by
A. The Federal High Court.
B. The State High Court
C. Court Martial
D. The Miltary Wills and Testamentary Tribunal
Remember to answer like this 1E,2F,3E
This is the second quiz of the competition. You can only answer like this
Eg 1E,2F and 3E.
The first 100 participants to answer all three questions correctly will qualify for the next stage.
Continue reading Abimbola Akeredolu SAN Quiz- Question 2
QUESTION : The Court Judgement in a Matrimonial suit for dissolution of Marriage is a public document- True or False?(just answer true or false, nothing else)
You can join our whatsapp group to receive news updates and all updates on tne competition.