Welcome to our competition page.We promote competitions to engage and reward our readers. Our competitions cut across different types of quizzes in Law,logic and books .
The general rule for all competitions is that they are all answered on the comment section of our website and the fastest finger or fingers become the winner(s). Individual Prizes may have different rules especially in terms of eligibility.Below are the competitions available.
- Justice Ayo Philips Courtroom Mail Prize for Young Lawyers: This Prize is sponsored by the former Chief Judge of Lagos State, Justice Ayo Philips rtd,It is open to all lawyers in Nigeria who are between 1-5 years post call.For the 2018 edition,only lawyers who are called from 2013 to date are eligible to contest. Registration which is freewill open on the 10th of February with the first question.Anyone who answers that first question will be considered as having registered to compete for the prize. The prizes to be won are 1st Prize- 1 year Executive subscription of Supreme Court Judgements published by Lawbreed . 2nd and 3rd Prize will win 1 year basic subscription each. Entry to the competition will be opened on the 12th of February 2018.
2. Justice Taiwo O Taiwo Courtroom mail Prize for NBA Lagos Young Lawyers: This Prize is sponsored by Justice Taiwo O Taiwo, a Judge of the Nigeria’s Federal High court who ones served as the Chairman of Nigerian Bar Association,Lagos. The prize is open to the young lawyers of Nigerian Bar Association ,Lagos branch who are 1-7 post call. The prize is a year’s subscription of Judgements of the Supreme Court Law reports by Lawbreed. The date of the commencement of the competition will announced.
3. Abimbola Akeredolu SAN courtroom Mail Prize for Female lawyers.
The competition is open to female lawyers in nigeria who are called from 2009 till date.It comes in form of a quiz game in four stages and answers are expected to be posted on the comment section of courtroom mail which will show the time all answers are posted to ensure transparency. The questions will also be posted on Saturday mornings to ensure that lawyers under employment have time to participate or will not be commuting to work on those days.
The prizes to be won are 1st Prize- One year Executive subscription of Supreme Court Judgements . 2nd and 3rd Prize will win 1 year basic subscription each.
4. Monday Ubani Courtroom Mail Prize: The competition is open to all lawyers in Nigeria. The Prize is sponsored by one of Nigeria’s topmost lawyers,Mr Monday Onyekachi Ubani.
The Prize comes with a year’s subscription of law reports for the winner.
The 2019 competition begins in May.
5. George Etomi Courtroom Mail Business Law Prize
The competition is open to young lawyers who are 7 years and below post call.
The quiz initiated by Courtroom Mail and sponsored by Mr George Etomi aims at promoting and rewarding the knowledge of business Law among young lawyers in Nigeria.
The winner will receive a N100,000.00(Hundred thousand Naira) worth of business and commercial law books.
6. Courtroom mail Book Club competition: This is open to all courtroom mail book club members.This year’s Prize will be announced later in the year.
7. Random Competitions: These are random competitions we organise for our readers where soft prizes are won.