Kunle Edun our Courtroom Mail top Lawyer of the week was called to the Nigerian bar in 1999 and is the current VICE CHAIRMAN of the radioactive NBA Warri branch. He has served the Nigerian Bar Association in different capacities including
1) Participated and currently still a member of the National Executive Committee of the NBA.2014-2016; 2016-2018.
2) Council member of Section on Public Interest and Development law (SPIDEL) 2016-2018.
3) Governor, Human Right Institute. 2016-2018.
4) Chairman of NBA Warri Human Right Committee. 2016-2018.
5) Member of the Midwest Bar Forum Award Committee. 2015 to date.
6) Member of the Administration of Criminal Justice Law Committee of Delta State. 2017 to date.
7) Member of the NBA Warri Publication Committee that produced the legacy book “Selected Judgments of Hon. Justice F.O. Ohwo”. 2017.
8) Chairman, NBA Warri Public Interest Litigation Committee. 2914-2016.
9) Chairman NBA Warri Car Sticker and Fake Lawyers’ Committee. 2014-2016.
10) Chairman, NBA Warri Ad hoc Committee on Insurance. 2014.
11) Chairman, NBA Warri Pro Bono Committee. 2014-2016; 2016-2018.
12) Alternate Chairman, NBA Warri Publication Committee. 2006-2008.
13 Past Publicity Secretary of NBA Warri. 2006-2008.
He has also been involved in some public Interest litigation :
1) Successfully litigated the first case in his personal capacity which established that the FOI Act is applicable to Delta State.
2) Personally and successfully litigated a case that directed the Delta State Government to account for and refund all public funds spent on pilgrims; with an accompanying restraining order granted on further use of public funds for religious pilgrimage.
3) Personally and successfully litigated a case against the DTSG that stopped VIOs from demanding money and issuing certificate of road worthiness in respect of private vehicles in Delta State. An order of perpetual injunction was also gotten.
4) Personally and successfully litigated a case against the DTSG and Delta State Oil Producing Development Commission to furnish information and account for more than N600b received as derivation funds from inception.
5) Personally filed an action on behalf of a colleague against the FRSC for operating on State roads and harassing the colleague.
6) Presently challenging the DTSG at the FHC for restricting movement of persons during days declared as environmental sanitation days.
7) Founder and Executive Director of Transparency and Anti-Corruption Lawyers’ Network.
8) Regular anchorman/Guest on TV/Radio Stations in Delta State to discuss contemporary legal and public issues.
9) Presently handling in court many fundamental right enforcement actions filed by the NBA Warri on behalf of lawyers against the Police, in his capacity as the Chairman of NBA Warri Human Right Committee.
10) Many articles on contemporary issues published in the Vanguard, Punch and Guardian Newspapers.
11) Vanguard Newspaper of Tuesday, October 27th, 2015, declared Kunle Edun as the “Constitutional Militant of Delta State.”
12) Patron/Counsellor of the NBA Warri Young Lawyers’ Forum.
Kunle Edun is a member of the following assciations:
1) International Bar Association.
2) Nigerian Bar Association.
3) African Bar Association.
4) Associate Member, American Bar Association.
1) Pessu Primary School, Warri.
2) Essi College, Warri.
3) Rev. Kuti Memorial Grammar School, Abeokuta.
4) Ogun State Polytechnic, Abeokuta (Mass Communication) 1991.
5) Ogun State University, Ago-Iwoye (LL.? 1991-97.
6) University of Benin( LL.M) 2004-2006.
BAR AND CORPORATE EXPOSURES
Kunle Edun is widely travelled and has attended bar and business conferences in New York, Toronto, London, Johannesburg, Paris, Cairo, Dubai and the Netherlands.
1) Rose from the ranks to become Head of Chambers/Litigation in the office of Chief A.K. Osawota & Co, one of the prominent law firms in Warri. Left in 2007.
2) Appointed Company Secretary/Legal Adviser of Lonestar Drilling Nig. Ltd, Port Harcourt. 2007-2012. He saw first hand the huge corruption in the Nigerian oil and gas industry amongst the major players.
3) Co-founded in 2011 the law partnership of TRI-LEX PARTNERS LP in Warri to drive home the fact that the future of the legal profession in Nigeria lies with lawyers embracing partnership.
4) Presently, a Co-Managing Partner of Tri-Lex Partners LP, Warri.
Kunle Edun is a detribalized Nigerian and happily married to Ngozi Edun (nee Ofili) and have three beautiful daughters.