HRM Oba Ajibola Oluyede (Ise Oluwa II), the Alayede of Ayede Ogbese, will be conferred with the Outstanding Traditional Ruler of the Year Award at an event organised by Ondo State Outstanding Leadership Awards Platform.
The event will hold on Sunday 18th September 2022 at the International Culture and Event Centre (The DOME), Akure, Ondo State.
The Awards are to recognise outstanding personalities of the year.
Kabiyesi’s sacrifice for humanity and exemplary leadership is what set him apart for the award of Outstanding Traditional Ruler of the Year.
Upon coronation, Kabiyesi embarked on a transformational agenda involving novel initiatives within the Ayede Ogbese kingdom.
In partnership with his wife, HRH Olori Olufunmi Nejo-Oluyede, Oba Oluyede’s has had a positive influence in the lives of the people of the kingdom and the State.
Some of the projects that Kabiyesi has embarked on are:
• The Ayede Ogbese 1 Million Teachers Training Scheme ( a collaboration with Canadian accredited 1 Million Teachers (an international programming partner for the development of trained, empowered teachers globally) which has thus far produced over 100 graduants (and yet counting) under the financial sponsorship of Oba and Olori Oluyede, who are poised to continue till each and every educator within the kingdom benefits from this initiative.
• Annual commemoration of United Nations observances (especially those relating to the socio-economic wellbeing of such rural citizens as the Ayede Ogbese populace) in alliance with various United Nations agencies.
The establishment of the Ayede Ogbese Women Vanguard.
• The establishment of the Ayede Ogbese Youth Vanguard.
• The eradication of oppressive, illegal market taxes in lieu of arrangements towards Corporate Social Responsibility contributions to communal social and environmental goals/aspirations by such multinational corporations as MTN, Exxon Mobile, Zenith Bank, Dangote Cement et al.
Oba Ajibola Oluyede’s ongoing major municipal developmental plans for Ayede Ogbese (mostly in partnership with his international partners) also include the following:
• A joint venture with Italian technical partners for the establishment of a 2,000+ hectare Rice Center.
• The establishment of a Waste Processing plant capable of processing all the waste in Akure North LG into electricity and fertilizer.
• A vibrant Farm estate -involving the development of large tracts of land (starting with a pilot of 3,000 hectares) to be leased out, in plots of 10 to 25 hectares, to women farmers and other disadvantaged groups for commercial and mechanized cultivation.
• The construction of a contemporary housing estate with a civic/recreational and shopping center.
• The establishment of a locally operated Community Bank with a focus on the needs and enhancement of thriving local businesses within the kingdom.
• The renovation/establishment of a world-class printing press with global patronage
Dredging of Ogbese River to halt the perennial flooding and enable the construction of a Waterfront/Harbour for leisure and tourism
• Leading the campaign for the legal cultivation of Cannabis for medicinal use
• The reconstruction of the Ayede Ogbese International Market and commencement of its daily operations.