Nominations have opened for the 2022 WOZA Africa Women In Law awards that honour the best of women professionals, institutions and persons that have brought remarkable value to the growth of women in the legal profession in Africa.
The Gala dinner will be held on the 30th of July at Emperor’s Palace Gauteng,South Africa.
The awards cut across more than thirty categories including specific nominations for South Africa and the continent of Africa.
A nominator who can be anyone in the legal profession is expected to present nomination signed by the nominator and signature of acceptance by the nominee, specifying the award category and country. In addition, a motivation why the candidate is suitable for the award, limited to an A4 page. Also enclose an abridged curriculum vitae with qualifications relevant to the category and a high resolution head and shoulders picture.
The Nominations are expected to reach WOZA by 27 MAY 2022 SA TIME 20h00 GMT 22h00 via the email- firstname.lastname@example.org
The awards are in the following categories
A.THE AFRICAN LAW FIRM OF THE YEAR
An international law firm with a foothold in Africa, who has made significant strides in the Development of women in law, whether it is in its women staff development and or Corporate Social Responsibility in women led businesses and or training and development programs.
B. LAW FIRMS:
SIX WOZA awards presented to Law firms in recognition of its leadership in fostering an inclusive environment for women lawyers:
AFRICA ( Non South Africans) SOUTH AFRICA (South African firms only)
A WOMAN ONLY firm of the year (0 to 5years in practice) A WOMAN ONLY firm of the year (0 to 5years in practice)
A Law Firm who has 5 women lawyers or less A Law Firm who has 5 women lawyers or less
A Law Firm who has 6 women lawyers or more A Law Firm who has 6 women lawyers or more
WOZA awards are presented to an individual woman who displays outstanding performancein one or more of the categories below: (Maximum of two nominations may be submitted under the Individual category).
1. Best Alternative Dispute Resolution woman lawyer
2. Best Labour woman lawyer
3. Best Family law woman lawyer
4. Best Mergers & Acquisitions woman lawyer
5. Best Lawyer in Finance / Debt relief and Restructuring woman lawyer
6. Best Energy, Mining and Resources woman lawyer
7. Best in Maritime, Shipping & Environmental woman lawyer
8. Best corporate woman lawyer
9. Best Corporate Non Practising woman lawyer
10. Best Artificial Intelligence, ICT woman lawyer
11. Best woman lawyer in Land Rights
12. Best Human Rights Activist / Social Justice Activist / Pro Bono woman lawyer
13. Best Leadership and Mentorship woman lawyer
14. Best woman lawyer, Thought Leader, Innovation & Academia
15. Best woman lawyer in Criminal Justice
16. Best woman lawyer in Property and Construction
17. Best woman lawyer in Competition law
18. Best woman lawyer Tax / Insurance Law
19. Best Intellectual Property Lawyer
D. FUTURE AMBASSADORS
To recognize potential leaders of tomorrow, academic excellence, trailblazers and change makers.
20. Best woman student Top Achiever (final year law students)
21. Best woman Candidate attorney Top Achiever
22. Best woman student Change maker (final year law students)
23. Best woman Candidate attorney Change maker
E. THE STATE / JUDICIARY / ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE
Women lawyers who take the lead in the mentoring and or development of women, who have made significant strides in the workplace environment in the employ of Government, Parliament, State Owned Enterprises and the various offices in the administration of Justice.
24. Best woman lawyer in leadership, mentorship and development of women
25. THE MALE CHAMPION OF CHANGE AWARD
The Male Champion of Change Award is dedicated to a man of vision, committed to the elevation and acceleration of gender diversity within an organisations, business, society, nationally or internationally recognising and advancing the talents and power of women in leadership fostering gender balanced leadership and equality.
G. PINNACLE AWARD
26. WOZA awards the WOZA PINNACLE AWARD to a woman lawyer who displays iconic achievement embracing thought, innovation, leadership, empowerment of other women and contribution to the law. A woman who is distinguishable from the listed individual categories above, because she exemplifies leadership and regarded as a trailblazer.
NOTE : PAST AWARDEES MAY REAPPLY
NOMINEES WHO WERE NOMINATED IN 2020 NEED NOT REAPPLY.
CHECK YOUR EMAIL AS WE ARE REQUESTING UPDATED INFORMATION.