A team of lawyers have come up with a competition called Paul Usoro challenge which opened on the 26th of October. The “social and Professional” competition has excited young lawyers across the country within less than 24hours after it opened.
The initiative is aimed at rewarding the selfless sacrifice of Lawyers who take on Pro Bono cases.
They will be rewarding the 6 most compelling cases with N100,000.00 each.
A number of entries have started coming in already reinforcing the position that this is an issue that deserves due recognition. However, there are a few criteria prospective participants must meet before they are eligible to participate. Please note the following:
- Create a short creative video on Instagram explaining your case, why it deserves the prize money(Max 2 mins) and use the hash-tag #PAULUSOROCHALLENGE
- Past and present lawyers of Paul Usoro and Co (PUC lawyers) are not allowed to be a part of the challenge.
- The competition applies to members of the Bar from 1-10 years whose practicing fees have been paid.
- There will be extra points for gender related cases, child abuse & humanitarian matters.
- Entries will be selected on a Zonal basis (6 geographical zones).There will be 1 winner per zone; for outstanding Pro- Bono cases handled.
- All & any supporting documents should be sent to a designated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.
- Follow the following social media accounts for live updates Twitter: @PaulUsoroSAN Facebook: Paul Usoro, SAN (Personal) & Page (@pusorosan), Instagram: @paulusoro, LinkedIn: Paul Usoro, SAN
All entries must meet the above listed requirements before they are considered valid. Entries will close on the 10th of November, 2017. The winners will be announced via “Paul Usoro” Instagram handle on the 17th of November, a week after entries are closed.