Nwana Emmanuel Chuks has declared his intention to run for the office of Vice Chairman to the NBA Lagos Branch on Thursday 16 May 2019. Find below his formal declaration:
Learned Senior Advocates, Seniors and Colleagues
My name is NWANA EMMANUEL CHUKS, may I humbly present myself to you to seek for your vote to elect me as the next Vice Chairman of our prestigious Premier Branch. It is a huge credit to the present Executives of our Branch in rolling out a lot of laudable activities to harness the social and mental potentials of the Branch. However, I am of the view that the Branch may pay more attention to the happenings around the Human Right circle.
As an active member of the Branch Human Rights Committee we visited Ikoyi and Kirikiri Prisons. The result of the visits show that a lot should be done to help the needy who in the first place ought not to be there. The Human Rights Committee as of today has recorded huge successes in prison decongestion, as a pace setter Branch we need to sustain the achievements of the Human Rights committee through continuity as the key to success.
1. To be a quality stand-in for the Chairman in his absence in whatever capacity.
2. Incorporating the leadership of all our Senior Advocates and Seniors in the activities of the Human Right Committee and plead for their support in the pro bono services from the outset,
3. Encouraging the participation of the seniors of the Branch into the Human right activities,
4. Encouraging Seniors to sponsor a pro bono case for a willing junior member of the branch and make sure there is a one-to-one interaction with the junior and the such seniors for direction,
5. Using social networking medium to create and sustain a synergy between the various committees of the Branch and Human Right Committee,
6. Encouraging more participation of the members in the activities of the Branch through the direct involvement of Human Rights Committee,
7. Involve the members more with permission of the Chairman in some academic enhancing resources and welfare policies of the Branch,
8. Creating more avenues to gather and utilize innovative opinions from the members.
9. To carry out all delegated duties by the Chairman and the General House to the best of my ability at all times.
Dear Learned Senior Advocates, Seniors and Colleagues, vote for me NWANA EMMANUEL CHUKS as Vice Chairman, Lagos Branch, The Premier Bar during the 2019 election and you will be happy you did. Thank you!