In an effort to reposition the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) into a digital-first organization, and to promote the use of digital technology as a platform for accelerating growth in the legal profession, the leadership of the NBA launched the NBA digital App, prior to the Annual General Meeting of 25th day of August 2022.
The NBA Digital App will, amongst others, enable members to access a number of Bar Services which include:
- A fully automated user dashboard
- Seamless Payment of NBA Bar Practicing Fee (BPF) and all other NBA-related Payments
- Automated Stamp and Seal Request and Delivery Process
- Automated Certificate of Good Standing Request and Delivery Process
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) Portal/E-learning portal
- Automated Access to NBA Health Insurance Program
- Seamless registration process for all NBA Conferences and Events.
At the launch of the Digital App and prior to the commencement of the Annual General Meeting, the NBA President – Mr. Olumide Akpata, presented some beneficiaries of the recently launched Access to Finance Scheme. The leadership of the NBA had set up the Access to Finance Scheme to enable lawyers who may require loans, at single-digit, or less than market interest rates, for their working capital and operational needs, access the needed finance.
The leadership of the NBA expects that the launch of the NBA digital App will help members access the various NBA Bar services at their convenience.