The law week of the Nigerian Bar Association, Ibadan Branch begins today with an opening ceremony Chaired by the Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu SAN. The Special Guest of Honour is the Governor of Oyo State and the Keynote Speaker is Professor Ademola O. Popoola of Faculty of Law, Obafemi Awolowo University.
The Chairman of the branch Akeem Agbaje is the Chief Host with Chief Judge of Oyo State, Hon Justice M.L Abimbola as the Guest of Honour.
In the one week programme obtained by courtroom mail, the event will begin from Tuesday 10th of October and end with a dinner on Friday 13th of October.
The theme of the Law week is “Integrity of the Nigerian Bench and Bar: A prerequisite for sustainable National and Economic development.”
The Law week will have five sessions under the following sub themes
- The Nigerian Nation, Increasing Ethnic Agitation: rethinking the Amalgamation.
- The Impact of the Judicial System on Socio-economy of Nigeria.
- The Future of Law Practice, preparing the next generation.
- Law Clinic: Law Clinic (Enlightenment Outreach & Pro-bono Legal services)
- Health talk: Cancer: Causes, prevention and Management