The funeral service of our Chief Richard Akuro George, Dokube VI, Head and Paramount Chief of the Dokube Royal House of Okrika in Okrika Local Government of Rivers State who died on 7th January 2019 has been fixed.
Before his transition, Chief Akuro George, as he was popularly known, was an avid bar man and a doyen of the Port Harcourt Bar. In that light, we recall that he served as:
• Secretary, Port Harcourt Branch,
• Chairman, Port Harcourt Branch
• Member, National Disciplinary Committee,
• National Vice- Chairman (3rd, 2nd and 1st) of the Nigerian Bar Association.
• Member, Body of Benchers (2007-2013)
Chief Akuro George was a quintessential gentleman and will be sorely missed.
The order of activities leading up to the interment of his remains are as follows:
• Wednesday, 26th June 2019 @ 9am: Public Lecture at NBA PH House, 1 Bank Road, Old G.R.A., Port Harcourt.
• Wednesday, 26th June 2019 @5pm: Service Songs at God’s Heritage Ministries Int’l, No. 3 Manilla Pepple Street, D/Line, Port Harcourt.
• Friday, 28th June 2019 @ 9am: Valedictory Court Session at the High Court Complex, Old G.R.A., Port Harcourt.
• Saturday, 29th June 2019 @ 9am: Lying-in-state and final funeral rites at his home town, George-Ama, Okrika L.G.A. of Rivers State.
You are hereby humbly invited to attend and participate in the said events.
We appreciate your cooperation.