The International Bar Association (IBA) has postponed some of the scheduled conferences as a result of the Corona virus Pandemic ,in a statement obtained by Courtroom Mail, the IBA said.
Due to the current circumstances and the uncertainly surrounding the Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19), the IBA has had to take the unfortunate decision to postpone the scheduled conferences listed below.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but believe that it is the right decision in the current circumstances to ensure the wellbeing of its delegates and speakers. All registered delegates and speakers will have been contacted directly regarding the postponed conferences.
- 23rd Annual IBA Arbitration Day, 12-13 March 2020, Istanbul, Turkey
2. Insurance Without Borders, 19-20 March 2020, London, England
3. 5th Annual Latin American Bar Leaders Summit Plenary Session, 25 March 2020, Cartagena, Colombia
4. Biennial IBA Latin American Regional Forum Conference, 25-27 March 2020, Cartagena, Colombia
5. 12th Annual Real Estate Investments Conference, 25-27 March 2020, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
6. 5th Mergers and Acquisitions in the Technology Sector Conference, 26-27 March 2020, Barcelona, Spain
7. 6th Annual Conference of the War Crimes Committee: new challenges in a new landscape for ICL, 28 March 2020, The Hague, the Netherlands
8. IBA Annual Employment and Diversity Law Conference, 1-3 April 2020, Madrid, Spain
9. IBA/ABA 20th Annual US and Europe Tax Practice Trends Conference, 1-3 April 2020, Munich, Germany
10. Biennial Conference of the Section on Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Law (SEERIL), 16-18 April 2020, Marrakech, Morocco
11. Mergers and Acquisitions in India: Key Opportunities and Challenges in Recent Times, 17-18 April 2020, Mumbai, India
12. More conferences are expected to be postponed in the coming days