African Fact Checkers cordially invites you to a Zoom Webinar on the theme:
Fake News: Whose problem is it?
Date: 02 October 2020
Time: 12:00 PM West Central Africa
Goals of the Webinar:
- To expose participants to the meaning, dimensions and consequences of fake news.
- To enlighten participants on the new and expanding frontiers of fake news.
- To provide insights on collective responsibility in the fight against fake news: fighting fake news is everybody’s business.
- To provide insights on fact checking and its implications for the present and the future.
- To devise a collective framework for dealing with fake news.
- To devise strategies for nipping fake news in the bud.
Benefits of Attending:
- Gain appreciable and firsthand knowledge of fake news, its implications and consequences.
- Appreciate the nature and myriad dimensions of fake news.
- Be armed with the tools of fact checking and scrutiny.
- Understand the basis for collective responsibility in dealing with fake news.
- Be armed with the tools for preventing the spread of fake news.
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.