- KUNLE EDUN FOR PUBLICITY SECRETARY: A MAN OF ACTION—CHECK HIS PROFILE.
KUNLE EDUN was called to the Nigerian bar in 1999 and he is the immediate past *VICE CHAIRMAN of the radioactive NBA Warri branch.* He has served the Nigerian Bar Association in different capacities, at branch, zonal and national levels, including:
1) Participated and currently still a member of the National Executive Committee of the NBA.2014-2016; 2016-2018.
2) Council member of the Section on Public Interest and Development law (SPIDEL) 2016-2018.
3) Council member, NBA Human Right Institute. 2016–July,2018.
4) Chairman, NBA Warri Human Right Committee. 2016—June, 2018.
5) Member, Midwest Bar Forum Award Committee. 2015
6) Member, Administration of Criminal Justice Law Committee of Delta State. 2017 to date.
7) Member, NBA Warri Publication Committee that produced the legacy book “ Selected Judgments of Hon. Justice F.O. Ohwo”. 2017.
8) Chairman, NBA Warri Public Interest Litigation Committee. 2914-2016.
9) Chairman, NBA Warri Car Sticker and Anti-Fake Fake Lawyers’ Committee. 2014-2016.
10) Chairman, NBA Warri Ad hoc Committee on members’ health Insurance. 2014.
11) Chairman, NBA Warri Pro Bono Committee. 2014-2016; 2016-2018.
12) Alternate Chairman, NBA Warri Publication Committee. 2006-2008.
13 Past Publicity Secretary of NBA Warri. 2006-2008.
Kunle Edun has also been involved in some public Interest litigations: he,
1) Successfully litigated the first case in Delta State, in his personal capacity which established that the FOI Act is applicable to Delta State.
2) Personally and successfully litigated a case where the High Court of Delta State directed the Delta State Government to account for and refund all public funds spent on pilgrims; with an accompanying restraining order granted on further use of public funds for religious pilgrimage.
3) Personally and successfully litigated a case against the DTSG that stopped VIOs from demanding for payment of levies for the issuance of certificates of road worthiness in respect of private vehicles in Delta State. An order of perpetual injunction was also gotten restraining the issuance of the certificates in respect of private vehicles.
4) Personally and successfully litigated a case against the DTSG and Delta State Oil Producing Development Commission to furnish information and account for the more than N600b received as derivation funds from inception.
5) Successfully pursued a matter on behalf of the Itsekiri nation and froze accounts bearing more than N2.1 billion naira belonging to the Itsekiri nation but inappropriately channelled by Chevron Nig. Ltd.
6) Personally filed an action on behalf of a colleague against the FRSC for operating on State roads and harassing the colleague in the process.
7) Presently challenging the DTSG at the FHC, Warri for restricting the movement of persons during days declared as environmental sanitation days.
8) Founder and Executive Director of Transparency and Anti-Corruption Lawyers’ Network.
9) Regular anchorman/Guest on TV/Radio Stations in Delta State to discuss contemporary legal and public issues.
10) Presently handling in court many fundamental right enforcement actions filed on behalf of lawyers against the Police.
11) He has written many articles on contemporary national and legal issues published in the Vanguard, Punch and Guardian Newspapers.
12) Vanguard Newspaper of Tuesday, October 27th, 2015, declared Kunle Edun as the “ Constitutional Militant of Delta State.”*
12) Patron/Counsellor of the NBA Warri Young Lawyers’ Forum.
Kunle Edun is a member of the following assciations
1) International Bar Association.
2) Nigerian Bar Association.
3) African Bar Association.
4) Associate Member, American Bar Association.
1) Pessu Primary School, Warri.
2) Essi College, Warri.
3) Rev. Kuti Memorial Grammar School, Abeokuta.
4) Ogun State Polytechnic, Abeokuta (Mass Communication) 1991.
5) Ogun State University, Ago-Iwoye (LL.B)1991-97.
6) University of Benin( LL.M) 2004-2006.
BAR AND CORPORATE EXPOSURES
Kunle Edun is widely travelled and has attended bar and business conferences in New York, Texas, Louisiana, Toronto, London, Johannesburg, Paris, Cairo, Dubai and the Netherlands.
1) Rose from the ranks to become Head of Chambers/Litigation in the office of Chief A.K. Osawota & Co, one of the prominent law firms in Warri. Pressured to join the corporate world.
2) Appointed Company Secretary/Legal Adviser of Lonestar Drilling Nig. Ltd, Port Harcourt. 2007-2012. He saw first hand the huge corruption in the Nigerian oil and gas industry amongst the major players.
3) Co-founded in 2011 the law partnership of TRI-LEX PARTNERS LP in Warri to drive home the fact that the future of the legal profession in Nigeria lies with lawyers embracing partnership.
4) Presently, a Co-Managing Partner of Tri-Lex Partners LP, Warri.
Kunle Edun is a detribalized Nigerian and happily married to Ngozi Edun (nee Ofili) and have three beautiful daughters and only recently, a handsome son.
KUNLE EDUN IS A COMPETENT AND CONSUMATE BAR MAN WITH AN EYE ON PROGRESSIVE IDEAS.
A VOTE FOR KUNLE EDUN AS THE PUBLICITY SECRETARY IS A VOTE FOR REFORM OF THE NBA; A VOTE FOR A PROACTIVE BAR.